Monday, March 7, 2011

Portals Into Otherworlds

Somebody once said that a writer's career is not about one book, but about a body of work.  I believe that. The Internet has created a brave new world for writers and I am excited to  be able to publish my books and share my stories with others who will love reading them as much as I love writing them. My mind doesn't just stay in one literary lane so I have a variety of stories that pop into my head and onto paper, meaning I can go from Chick Lit to Science Fiction and Fantasy and start outlining a mystery! It's my hope that everyone will find something to enjoy when reading my novels.

Currently, you can enjoy my Chick Lit novel Tethered. Tethered is a romantic comedy in a genre I have dubbed BAP LIT, stories about Black American Princesses. My heroine Maddie isn't a Patty Perfect or a Betty Bitch. She's a slightly spoiled, slightly clueless young woman in the tradition of Jane Austen's Emma.

One year will change everything...

Madison Baldwin is having a bad year. Her fiance, the commitment-phobic Spencer Newman, is getting cold feet. Her divorced parents can't seem to stop fighting or, much to her chagrin, making out. To make matters worse, her "perfect" half-sister Jacqueline has flown all the way from across the pond to make her feel even more inadequate. The only bright spot in her life is Craig Barnett, her life-long friend and champion, whose cool demeanor and playful sarcasm is masking a secret that will change Maddie's life forever...

You can buy Tethered now and drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Amazon
Barnes and Nobles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Indie Girl Ink! © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates